Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Annual General Meeting of the St. Lawrence Valley Yacht Racing Association will take place via Zoom on Wednesday 31st March 2021. Click the logo to the left to view the agenda and instructions on how to attend.
Who or what is SLVYRA
Declaration of the SLVYRA mandate
To promote and coordinate sailboat racing in the St. Lawrence Valley and adjacent regions by:
- Publishing a comprehensive annual racing schedule.
- Maintaining an up-to-date handicap list.
- Providing and maintaining racing marks
- Providing an area chart showing the locations of all racing marks, maintained by SLVYRA and SLVYRA member clubs
To promote sailboat racing by:
- Organizing regional regattas and other special events, such as lectures, seminars and workshops about sailing.
To promote the racing future of Junior Sailors by:
- Supporting outstanding young graduates of local junior squadron courses who aspire to race at provincial, national or international levels.
Additionally the SLVYRA mandate tasks us
To maintain a website that serves as a Central Point of Reference for sailors of all yacht clubs in the area.
- An up to date schedule of racing and social events
- Racing charts of the sailing areas
- Reports on major events (including photos and links to results)
- A page for classified ads.
- Links to all local yacht clubs.
- Links to relevant class associations
- Links to pertinent marine suppliers.
- Links to the FVQ and CYA.