Who or what is SLVYRA
Founded in 1946 the St. Lawrence Valley Yacht Racing Association is maintained by a group of enthusiastic sailboat racers. SLVYRA has been operating continuously for over 72 years.
Covid-19 restrictions created challenging restrictions in 2020 but limited racing continued on Lake St. Louis throughout the summer.
Looking ahead to summer 2021 it is our belief that there will be an easing of regulations that will once again allow for fuller participation by all the different fleets.
Declaration of the SLVYRA mandate
To promote and coordinate sailboat racing in the St. Lawrence Valley and adjacent regions by:
- Publishing a comprehensive annual racing schedule.
- Maintaining an up-to-date handicap list.
- Providing and maintaining racing marks
- Providing an area chart showing the locations of all racing marks, maintained by SLVYRA and SLVYRA member clubs
To promote sailboat racing by:
- Organizing regional regattas and other special events, such as lectures, seminars and workshops about sailing.
To promote the racing future of Junior Sailors by:
- Supporting outstanding young graduates of local junior squadron courses who aspire to race at provincial, national or international levels.
Additionally the SLVYRA mandate tasks us
To maintain a website that serves as a Central Point of Reference for sailors of all yacht clubs in the area.
- An up to date schedule of racing events
- Racing charts of the sailing areas
- Reports on major events (including photos and links to results)
- Links to all member yacht clubs.
- Links to relevant class associations
- Links to pertinent marine suppliers.
- Links to the FVQ and CYA.